Badly administrated schemes can cost companies dearly in terms of wasted time and effort, and possible penalties and interest from HMRC. Such schemes may also lose the confidence of participants. Employee Share Schemes are complicated. We make sure the benefits continue as planned.
Once a share scheme is implemented, it is vital that it is administered effectively to ensure that:
- the scheme remains compliant
- all relevant documents are filed online with HMRC
- the intended tax benefits are achieved
- employees are kept aware of their awards and the benefits
- your share scheme remains relevant
The RM2 Operations Team are here to do exactly that.
We provide experienced administration as a service for many of the share schemes that we implement. These services are tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients but typically include:
- Assisting with online filing of your share scheme with HMRC
- Provision of information for your Annual Accounts, as required
- Alerting you to any changes in legislation that may have a bearing on the operation of your plan
- Handling leavers
- Providing a dedicated telephone and e-mail helpline for participants who have questions
- Sending monthly emails to ensure the plan remains compliant and any appropriate action is taken promptly where necessary
- An annual review meeting or conference call to discuss the progress of your plan and review the plan against your business strategy and commercial objectives
RM2 also administers and acts as trustee for statutory and discretionary trusts which are utilised alongside some share schemes.
Employee share schemes can be complex and poor administration can cost companies dearly, both in time and financially. RM2’s expert team can provide peace of mind throughout the life of your scheme.
Contact us on 020 8949 5522 to discuss your requirements or to arrange a free administration consultation.
Employee Share Schemes for Private Companies