'Marketing and Communications Executive' vacancy
RM2 is the UK’s leading adviser on employee share ownership to private companies. We help entrepreneurial businesses design and install employee share schemes. We also provide corporate finance advisory, legal and trust services to companies converting to employee ownership. We are also pioneering online self-service of shares plans. For more information, please visit our website at www.rm2.co.uk
We are now seeking a business-to-business marketing and communications executive, preferably with previous experience in a professional services firm such as accountancy, law or business advice.
This role is suitable for someone with at least two years’ relevant work experience. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role has exposure to a wide range of marketing activities which would suit someone who likes variety, autonomy and responsibility. The role holder will be expected to manage and deliver all aspects of RM2’s marketing and communications activities. The role holder should be comfortable working in a small team (12 employees) and dealing with small and medium sized business clients.
RM2’s office in New Malden, Surrey (20 minutes from London Waterloo). This is envisaged as a full-time, office-based post. However, part-time, remote working will be considered for the right candidate. It's a friendly office and employees are given a high level of autonomy.
- Salary range £22,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience)
- 37.5 hours per week
- 28 days’ holiday
- Contributory pension
- Private health insurance
Areas of responsibility
We don’t expect candidates to be able to demonstrate previous experience in all the following areas, and training and support will be available to fill any gaps.
- Maintain and develop an appealing website, including search engine optimisation (experience with a content management system like Wordpress or Concrete5 is preferred)
- Manage design of materials (e.g., brochures, presentations)
- Ensure RM2 brand is applied consistently internally and externally
- Drive content marketing, including publication of blogs and case studies (most content is sourced from RM2’s consultants)
- Manage issuance of occasional press releases
- Manage Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Manage design and copywriting for fortnightly email newsletters (we use Mailchimp)
Campaigns and events
- Develop campaigns and joint events with introducers (e.g., law firms, accounting firms)
- Manage occasional RM2 events (one or two each year)
- Manage RM2 presence at third party events (e.g., conferences and exhibitions)
- Maintain management information on performance of marketing campaigns, including performance of website (Google Analytics) and pay per click advertising (Google AdWords)
- Liaise with relevant suppliers
- Liaise closely with Sales Manager to track origin of leads and to measure campaign performance
- Update relevant areas of in-house marketing handbook as needed
- Ensure marketing and communications are data protection compliant (e.g., GDPR)
- Understanding of the principles, practices and challenges of marketing to SMEs
- Ability to liaise with colleagues and clients in a confident and professional manner
- Evidence of writing and proof-reading skills
- Good organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to be self-motivated, self-directed and work on own initiative
Send a CV and one page covering letter toBoth documents should demonstrate how your skills and experience make you suitable for the role and should link back to the responsibilities and person specifications set out above.