'Marketing and Communications Executive' vacancy
RM2 is the UK’s leading adviser on employee share ownership to private companies. We help entrepreneurial businesses design and install employee share schemes. We also provide corporate finance advisory, legal and trust services to companies converting to employee ownership. For more information, please visit our website at www.rm2.co.uk
We are now seeking a business-to-business marketing and communications executive, preferably with previous experience in professional services such as accountancy, law or business advice.
This role is suitable for someone educated to degree level and with at least two years’ relevant work experience. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role has exposure to a wide range of marketing activities which would suit someone who likes variety, autonomy and responsibility.
The role holder will be expected to manage and deliver all aspects of RM2’s marketing and communications activities. The role holder should be comfortable working in a small team (12 employees) and dealing with small and medium sized business clients.
RM2’s office in New Malden, Surrey (20 minutes from London Waterloo). This is envisaged as a full-time, office-based post. However, part-time, remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
- Salary range £22,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience)
- 37.5 hours per week
- 28 days’ holiday
- Contributory pension
- Private health insurance
Areas of responsibility
- Maintain and develop an appealing website, including search engine optimisation (experience with the content management system Concrete5 preferred)
- Manage design of materials (e.g., brochures, presentations)
- Provide guidance on optimal market positioning and strategy
- Ensure RM2 brand is applied consistently
- Drive content marketing, including publication of blogs and case studies (sourced from RM2’s consultants)
- Manage issuance of occasional press releases
- Manage Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Manage design and copywriting for regular email newsletters
Campaigns and events
- Develop campaigns and joint events with introducers (e.g., law firms, accounting firms)
- Manage occasional RM2 events (one or two each year)
- Manage RM2 presence at third party events (e.g., conferences and exhibitions)
- Maintain management information on performance of marketing campaigns, including performance of website (Google Analytics) and pay per click advertising (Google AdWords)
- Liaise with relevant suppliers
- Liaise closely with Sales Manager to track origin of leads and to measure campaign performance
- Update relevant areas of in-house handbook as needed
- Ensure marketing and communications are data protection compliant (e.g., GDPR)
- Understanding of the principles, practices and challenges of marketing to SMEs
- Ability to liaise with colleagues and clients in a confident and professional manner
- Evidence of copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Evidence of newsletter creation (e.g., Mailchimp)
- Evidence of document and image creation, design and editing (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to be self-motivated, self-directed and work on own initiative
CV and one page covering letter to be submitted by midnight on 13th February 2018 to
Both documents should demonstrate how your skills and experience make you suitable for the role and should link back to the responsibilities and person specifications set out in the job description.
Interviews planned for 19th-23rd February.